Monday, June 22, 2009

Yesterday I celebrated my third Father's Day and my dad's 41st, sorry Gregory. By the way, how are the forties treating you?
Parker and I at the beach. Parker loved her Maine lobster raft.
Anyway, we went to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park to relax and eat. In attendance were, Bubba Greg and Annie Girl; The Little Man, Josh; Julie Sita, PacAttack and myself (Captain Gordito). The name will make sense after I tell you what I ate! Six drum sticks, 3 hot dogs, 2 cheeseburgers, 2 slices of watermelon and 2 sodas, pop for those in Pa.
Check out Colbin & Josh in the water! Josh's 4th Father's Day. While Bubba Greg cooked, I headed out for a snorkel and took some photos of the marine life. Calamari anyone.

The video below was taken in about 10 feet of water. I tracked several gray angelfish and an assortment of other fish. Julie tells me that there is no reason for her to go snorkeling if I continue to bring back such great footage. As you will be able to see, the area has some good activity.

Below we have Parker with a large decorator sea urchin I found.

Probably saved him from the Southern Stingray on the prowl below.


And in our last photo of this post, I think this picture of the Little Man about sums up our day...

Can't wait for next year!

No comments: